Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are a FAN favorite at any event. Try them at Backyard Barbeques, Tailgating Parties, Company Potlucks or just hanging out around the house. They are easy to make and a fairly healthy snack.
• 12 fresh Portobello mushroom caps
• Italian dressing
• 1/3 lb of Feta Cheese
• Grated Parmesan cheese
• Hot sauce
• Tomato Wedges (pictured here)
|Category:||Main Ingredient:||Prep Time:||Serves:||Level:|
|Healthy Snacks||Mushroom||< 30 min||4||Easy|
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Remove mushroom stems and wash mushroom caps
- Place mushroom caps in bowl and coat with Italian dressing
- Lay out mushroom caps in baking pan.
Note: Use a pan with sides…You don’t want lose any of these!
- Add a few drops of hot sauce in each cap. (optional)
- Stuff each cap with feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: If the mushrooms shrink, they are overdone.
- Top with chopped Scallions. (optional)
- Serve with Tomato Wedges. (shown here)
Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Inspiration
As a cooking enthusiast, I often see food that I want to cook in my kitchen. This was true from the very moment I laid my eyes on a stuffed Portobello mushroom in a local deli. Not only did I discover they were easy to make but my guests found them irresistible. The first time I served them at a party, my guests actually demanded I make a second plate. Since then, I have served stuffed mushrooms at barbeques, potlucks, and tailgating parties. By default I make two plates.
Create Your Own Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe
I settled on feta cheese as my “mushroom filler”. I love the taste that feta cheese delivers to this recipe. However, I encourage you to try other “filler” ideas. Here are some popular options:
- Cream Cheese and Sausage
- Cream Cheese and Spinach
- Chopped Walnuts and Garlic
- Cheddar Cheese and Onions
- Crab Meat and Parmesan Cheese